Terms of Purchase
Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishers
Last Updated: July 2021
These terms apply to your use of and purchases from the BFW High School Publishers (“BFW,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) online store located at store.bfwpub.com/hs/us (the “Site”). The online store is intended for use by parents or guardians of students, not students themselves. You must be 18 years old or older to place orders through the Site. Your use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of these U.S. Store Terms of Purchase (the “terms”).
1. Physical Product Purchases
If you buy a textbook or other physical materials from us in print (e.g., a Book, LooseLeaf or Comb/Spiral) or electronically stored in a physical medium (e.g., CD, DVD or flash drive):
- All software included in a CD, DVD or other digital media, is governed by its respective end user license agreement included with or in such product, if any. All such software is licensed and not sold.
- We will ship all orders by standard UPS ground in the U.S. for the shipping fee specified at the time of purchase. Such standard shipping will normally take between 3 and 8 business days to receive your package from the time we receive your order. You may be provided with the option to select expedited shipping at the time of check-out for an additional shipping fee. Shipping fees will be added to your order prior to completing your purchase.
- You can only return your unused physical purchased item(s) for a refund of the purchase price we received (excluding shipping fees) if we receive your refund request through the Orders page via your My Account page within 21 calendar days of your purchase and we receive your returned product within 30 calendar days of purchase in the same condition as we provided it to you. If you are eligible for a product refund based on the foregoing, we will credit the form of payment that was charged for the purchased item(s) for the refund amount. If you return a product to us outside of the 30 calendar days, we will not refund you and we will not send the product back to you.
- To request a refund, go to the Orders page via your My Account page, select “SEE DETAILS” for the order to be refunded, select “RETURN ORDER,” and print and use the packing slip provided. Ship the physical product you are returning in the same packaging we shipped it to you in, place the packing slip inside the package, and affix a shipping label to the outside of the package using clear tape. Bring your package to a UPS shipping center in the U.S. You are responsible for the cost to ship the returned product back to us.
- If your returned product is not in the same condition as we shipped it to you, such as but not limited to having any rips, tears, handwriting, highlighting, bent or missing pages, you will not be entitled to a refund and we will not ship your non-refundable product back to you.
- If we erroneously shipped you a damaged product or incorrect product from what you ordered, in addition to the above refund, we will refund to the form of payment that you used for the product purchase, the original shipping fees we received from you at the time of purchase.
- If you did not receive your order in time for your course, go to the Orders page via your My Account page, select “SEE DETAILS” for that order, and select “RETURN ORDER”. Contact us and request a refund within 21 calendar days of the date of purchase. Requests made after this time will not be eligible for a replacement or refund.
2. License to Access Purchases and Refund Requests for Licenses
If you purchase a License to Access to an e-book:
- You can request a full refund of the purchase price we received from you by crediting your form of payment used for the purchase, if we receive your refund request through the Orders page via your My Account page within 14 calendar days of your purchase. Your respective access will be shut-off immediately upon your initiating of such refund request. However, if you have printed or accessed more than 20% of the e-book, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The length of time term for each License to Access varies by product and will be indicated to you at the time you purchase each License to Access for each respective product and in the Orders page via your My Account page.
- Your right to use and access the e-book for which you purchase a License to Access on this Site, will terminate upon the end date indicated at the time of purchase and in the Orders page via your My Account page.
- You understand that your access to the License to Access an e-book that you purchase from us on this Site may be unavailable from time to time for several reasons, including for scheduled maintenance and upgrades.
- We reserve the right to not permit return of or provide a refund on a e-book if the purchaser has initiated or made returns on two or more other e-books in any 12 month period, across all of the purchaser’s accounts with us. We also reserve the right to refuse to sell to or to provide refunds to any person for demonstrated abuse of our return policy.
3. Bundles of Purchases
If you purchase any combination of our Physical Products or License to Access in one combined transaction/payment (a “bundle”), the above refund and return policies apply to each respective part of the bundle. However, for a refund of a bundle return, you will not get refunded by a credit to your form of payment used for the purchase for any part of the returned bundle until we have received back all of the physical products in the bundle.
4. Payment of Fees
- If you purchase a Physical Product, or License to Access or any bundle thereof, you hereby agree to pay us all applicable charges pursuant to each respective order. Your agreement to pay us for your order is not contingent upon your use of the product. You will be charged whether you use the product or not.
- For each order, our billing agent will charge your form of payment you provide to us at the time of purchase, without any additional notice. You may be charged for each individual order you place or your individual order charges may be combined and your form of payment charged once for all of your orders combined in your next billing cycle.
- If you fail to pay according to this agreement and the terms on the Site, we and/or our billing agent may without waiver of our other rights and remedies: a) charge you interest at a rate of 1.5% per month or the maximum amount allowed by law; b) terminate or suspend your License to Access; c) charge you a re-instatement fee (if applicable); c) charge you any and all collection fees, legal fees and court fees related to collecting on your overdue account; and/or e) call you on your phone number, including wireless, text you, or use pre-recorded or artificial voice messages or an automatic dialing service to contact you by text or phone, which may result in wireless or texting charges to you under your plans.
- You must provide accurate and complete billing information at the time of your order, e.g., name, address, telephone number and valid form of payment.
- If your information changes at any point in time that your order is still being charged, or for an order for which an end date has not year occurred, you shall promptly notify us and update such information.
- If we do not receive payment from your credit or debit card issuer for any orders, you shall pay any amount due to us upon request in any form we request.
- We may offer discounts to first-time purchasers, such as waiving shipping fees on first orders or applying discounts on fees for a limited time. All such offers are subject to the terms posted on the Site.
- The form of payment that you can use to place and pay for your order (e.g., credit card, debit card or PayPal) will be posted at the time of making your order.
- You are responsible for any and all applicable taxes for your order.
- If you think we have made an error in the fees that you were charged, you must notify us within 30 calendar days that the error appeared on your billing statement and include a full description thereof. Your right to object to any other billing errors shall be waived.
- Except as specifically set forth above in each section, we will not refund, exchange or accept returns of any products from your order(s).
5. Applicable Law
The law of the State of New York shall apply to any disputes related to this Terms of Purchase, without regard to any conflict of law provisions. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts located in New York, New York.