Privacy and Cookie Notice
Bedford, Freeman & Worth High School Publishers
(Last Updated August 2019)
BFW Publishers* understands your concerns about security and privacy and values the relationship we have with you. This Privacy and Cookie Notice describes the types of information we collect on the Sites, how we may use the information, with whom we may share it, and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about our privacy practices.
This Notice applies to personal information we collect from educational professionals (such as teachers, instructors, school administrators, authors, editors, and contributors), high school students, adult learners, website visitors and others with whom we interact through any online interface (e.g., website, mobile application or other interactive service) that contains a link to this Notice (each, a "Site"), or that we receive outside of our Sites, e.g., contact information we receive during on campus visits, business meetings or through publicly available websites or publications.
BFW Publishers receives personal information pertaining to students from educational institutions that we maintain on its behalf (collectively, “School Data”), such as information about class rosters and data from students who use our learning platforms at the direction of an educational agency or institution. School Data are only used by us to support our customers and provide the services requested by the institution’s administrators and course instructors. We handle School Data as a processor for our customers, subject to applicable privacy and data protection laws, including the Family and Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) in the U.S. and the Freedom of Information Privacy Protection Act (FIPPA) in Canada. Although we may place contextual advertising on pages used by students, we do not use any personally identifiable information in School Data for targeted advertising. Please contact your educational institution to learn more about how it handles your personal information.
Additional information is also provided in our supplemental privacy statements:
- School Data Privacy Statement
- Important Information for EEA Residents
- Your California Privacy Rights
Please note that you may have additional privacy rights under the laws of your jurisdiction. BFW Publishers respects those rights Where the provisions in this Privacy Notice conflict with applicable law, we will only process your Personal Information in compliance with applicable laws. You may contact our Privacy Office at any time via email to email@example.com
1. Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with your name or other identifiers. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages.
- Relationship Information that helps us do business with you. For students, this includes your school affiliation, and graduation date, your courses of study, grades, learning style and how you engage with our products and content (including comments or content that you voluntarily provide on or through our Sites such as through blogs, forums, discussion groups, social networking platforms, or contest and sweepstakes entries), and similar information that can help us tailor our content and offer you personalized instruction. For professionals, this includes your professional credentials and affiliations and the products and services that may interest you or your school. If you are an instructor, we also collect information about the types of courses you teach, your teaching style and student engagement, and similar information that can help us tailor our content and improve your effectiveness in the classroom.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with BFW Publishers, including your purchase history, information about your use of our Sites and content (including time spent on material and results of in-product assessments), customer account information and information about how you use our websites and applications. If you purchase products from us online, our credit card processors will also collect payment card information as needed to process your payment.
In many cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information when you interact with us, such as registering on our Sites, visiting with us at tradeshows, signing up to receive materials electronically, or making a purchase. We may collect additional information about you from your school, such as information about the classes you are teaching, and from third party data suppliers who enhance our files and help us better understand our customers. We may also collect publicly-available information from social media sites, such as Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
We also collect Personal Information when you contact us, such as for customer service purposes or to exercise your privacy rights.
2. How We Use Information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with the products, content or services selected by you or your institution and for related activities, such as customer service, account management, support and training, reporting and to provide other services related to your account, including managing your privacy choices and communications preferences,
- Provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services from BFW Publishers and our partners, including personalized offers based on your usage of our products or Sites,but we do not use any Personal Information of our high school student users to do any targeted advertising or marketing,
- Provide you with additional information that may be of interest, such as study tips for students or teacher guides for professionals,
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, special events and other promotions,
- Determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers, such as rebates or content guides offered to professionals and students for certain courses,
- Enable you to participate in blogs, discussions groups and similar forums.
- Understand how you use our products, content and services, including associating you with different devices that you may use to access our content, for analytics and product development purposes as well as personalize offers that we make to you and to create de-identified datasets, and
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with this personal information, we may not be able to offer you the services described above.
3. Why We Share Information
We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- If you are affiliated with an educational institution, we may share your Personal Information, including related School Data with your school and (if you are student) with your instructors and school administrators. For example, we provide educational institutions with reports about how their instructors and students use our products, including information that compares instructors and students within a school. If you are a student, your instructors have access to all School Data, including the information generated by your use of the products for a class. We may also provide Personal Information to your school as needed to investigate possible academic fraud or cheating. Your school uses your Personal Information in accordance with its own privacy policies.
- We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, which may only use your Personal Information for the purposes listed above.
- We may also share your Personal Information with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Information and only use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions.
- We may share your Personal Information with third party partners that provide services to you through our Sites, but only to the extent you have a relationship with such partner or you authorize the sharing. For example, you may be able to purchase third party applications (through our Sites or otherwise) which are compatible and/or packaged with our products or services. Information may be shared between us and the provider of such third party application in order to enable certain functionalities or depending on the settings you choose. We will maintain any information we receive through such third party in accordance with this Notice. However, the third party’s use of your information is governed by such third party’s own privacy policies. Additionally, we may share certain Transactional Information with our partners as needed to validate referrals and operate the platforms.
Please note that we may also use and disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports or create products that contain de-identified, aggregated or statistical data. These reports and products do not contain any information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you.
4. Cookies and Online Data Collection Tools
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain Transaction Information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons. In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice governs how we use that information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites.
Our Site uses two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you close your browser, they are deleted. Persistent cookies, in contrast, last beyond each visit to the Sites and remain on your hard drive after you close your browser. The cookies used on the Sites include those that are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies) and remember your choices (functionality cookies), and for visitors to our catalog and store Sites, cookies that provide you with targeted content or advertising (described more below under “Interest Based Advertising”). Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note however, that without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites.
We may use the information we obtain from cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognize your computer when you visit the Sites;
- to track you as you navigate the Sites, and to enable the use of e-commerce capabilities;
- to improve the Sites’ usability;
- to analyze use of the Sites;
- to manage the Sites;
- to personalize the Sites, including for visitors to our catalog and store Sites;
- to enable targeted advertisements that may be of particular interest to you (excluding Students); and
- to recognize you when you move between devices so that your work can be synchronized.
We may also use Flash Cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) and similar technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash technology. The Adobe Flash Player is an application that allows rapid development of dynamic content, such as video clips and animation.
We use Flash cookies to personalize and enhance your online experience and to deliver content for Flash players. We may also use Flash cookies for security purposes, to gather certain website metrics and to help remember settings and preferences. Flash cookies are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. To manage Flash cookies, please visit Adobe’s website at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain content and product features.
Pixel Tags and Web Beacons
We also may use “web beacons” on some of our Sites. A web beacon, also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, may be used to transmit information collected through cookies to our service providers’ servers. They allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions. They also enable our service providers to compile information about your browsing activity on the Sites.
Server Logs and Other Technologies
We collect many different types of information from server logs and other technologies. For example, we may collect information the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to BFW Publishers and the website you visit after you leave our site.
5. Interest-based Advertising
On some of our Site, as set out below and where permitted by law, we partner with third party companies who may utilize cookies, web beacons or other technologies to provide: personalized content; advertisements about our goods and services that may be of interest to you; or to serve advertisements about other products; on our Sites. The third parties may use these technologies to collect information about you when you use the Sites. They may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services, as well as across different devices. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising and content or other targeted advertising and content. They may also use persistent identifiers to track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond the Sites. Such third parties may, with sufficient data from other sources, be able to personally identify you, unknown to us.
You can also obtain more information about interest-based advertising, and how to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from participating third-party providers and ad networks through the following:
For Users in the U.S.:
- http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (Network Advertising Initiative)
- http://www.aboutads.info/choices(Digital Advertising Alliance)
For Users in the EU:
- http://www.youronlinechoices.eu (European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance)
For Users in Canada:
- http://youradchoices.ca/choices/ (Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada)
Please note: opting out of participating providers and ad networks does not opt you out of being served advertising. You may continue to receive generic or contextual ads on our Sites. Additionally, to successfully opt-out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser. Please see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them. Your opt-out only applies to the web browser you use, so you must opt-out of each web browser on each device that you use. Once you opt-out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you may need to opt-out again.
We use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as Google Analytics and ClickTale. These service providers help us analyze how users use our Sites. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. These service providers may retain and use Non-Personal Information collected from users of our Sites in connection with their own businesses, including in order to improve their products and services. To learn more about opting out of data collection through Google Analytics or Click Tale, click the links below:
- Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
- ClickTale: http://www.clicktale.net/disable.html
You may also be able to limit the association of your mobile device with your online activities by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device. For more information about how to change these settings go to:
These Sites are not designed to respond to "do not track" signals received from browsers.
7. Social Media Interactions and Interest-based Ads
Our websites may enable you to interact with us and others via social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram. While we respect each social media platform’s privacy policies, we may collect Personal Information about you and your friends if you choose to use these tools. For example, the Sites may also offer you the ability to interact with plugins from these platforms, in order to allow you to follow us or share your experiences with your online social network.
As noted above, we may also display interest-based ads to you when you are using social media platforms, but we do not use any Personal Information of our high school student users to do any targeted advertising or marketing. These platforms allow us to personalize the ads that we display to you. We do not share any of your Personal Information with these platforms, although we may convert your email address into a unique number which can be matched by the platform with its user to allow delivery of the advertising. Although we do not provide any personal information to these platforms, they may gain insights about individuals who respond to the ads we serve.
9. Children’s Privacy
These Sites are intended for people 16 years of age and older. If you are under 16, please do not submit any personal information to us through the Sites, and get your parents or guardian involved to interact with us. If you are under the age of 18, please review this Notice with your parent or guardian before submitting any information to us.
10. How We Protect Personal Information
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access or loss. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, so we also have procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and/or any applicable regulator or supervisory authority or other governmental entity where we are legally required to do so.
11. Marketing/Your Choices
You can always limit the information you provide to us. You can also limit the communications that we send to you.
To opt-out of emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you. To revoke permissions that you may have given to send text messages, text STOP in response to any message. Please be aware that if you unsubscribe or opt-out of texts, we process an opt-out request only for that specific e-mail address or telephone number. So, if you have more than one e-mail address or if you have changed your e-mail address, your opt-out request may not be processed for any e-mail that you have not identified in your opt-out request. You can also Click here for help opting-out of receiving marketing communications from BFW Publishers and its affiliates. Please include your name, address and the e-mail address(es) and/or phone number(s) that you want to opt-out.
If you believe you have opted out, but continue to receive e-mails from us, please contact us by one of the means listed under the How To Contact Us section below, and we will endeavor to resolve the issue.
Please note that even if you opt-out of commercial emails, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we may still send you activity confirmations.
If you have previously opted-in to receiving marketing communications, you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the e-mail communications or by visiting this link and unsubscribing there.
12. Access and Correction
We respect your right to reasonably access and correct your Personal Information. If you have an online account, you can log into your account at any time to access and update the information you have provided to us. Additionally, BFW Publishers complies with all laws regarding access and correction.
Subject to applicable law, you may: (i) have the right to access certain Personal Information we maintain about you and obtain a copy of that information; (ii) update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information; (iii) object to our use of your Personal Information; and (iv) request deletion your Personal Information from our database. To exercise these rights, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information, which may require you to provide us with Personal Information.
13. International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored at or processed in the United States and other countries which may not have equivalent privacy or data protection laws. However, regardless of where your personal information is transferred, we will protect it in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
BY CONTINUING TO USE THESE SITES AND/OR SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU MEET THE AGE AND OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SITE AS SET FORTH IN THIS NOTICE AS WELL AS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE, STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA, SWITZERLAND, CANADA OR ANY OTHER NON U.S. JURISDICTION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS NOTICE
14. Pseudonymous Registration
15. Updates to Our Online Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice to reflect new or different privacy practices. We will place a notice online when we make material changes to this the Privacy Notice. Changes to this Notice will become effective when those changes are posted to the Sites or otherwise notified to you as required by applicable law. Your continued use of the Sites subsequent to any such notified change to this Notice constitutes your acceptance of the change subject to the contents of the specific notification. We indicate the effective date of this Notice (and any updates) at the top of the Notice.
16. How to Contact Us
To access, update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information or if you have any questions about this Notice or the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, or if you would like us to update your preferences, please contact us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
School Data Privacy Statement
This privacy notice applies to the personal information pertaining to students that we receive from schools or that we maintain on behalf of schools (collectively, “School Data”), such as information about class rosters and data from students who use our learning platforms at the direction of an educational agency or school.
BFW Publishers is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all School Data that we process in order to provide services to you and your school. Additionally, if your school is based in: i) the United States, your student records may be protected by the Family and Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA); and ii) Canada, your information held by public bodies may be protected by The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). For information on your school's privacy policies, please contact the administration.
If your school has contracted with us to provide products and platforms for you to use in your courses, we only use your personal information in the School Data as needed to:
- Provide you with the products, content or services selected by you, your instructors or your school and for related activities, such as customer service and “helpdesk” functions,
- Assure academic integrity, such as in connection with investigations and anti-plagiarism program,
- Understand how you use our products, content and services, including associating you with different devices that you may use to access our content, for analytics and product development purposes, and to create de-identified datasets,
- Send end-of-course surveys, and
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
We will only use School Data for other purposes with the consent of your school and (if applicable) with your consent. Please note that we may publish reports or create products that contain de-identified, aggregated or statistical data, such as benchmarking reports that reveal how students generally engage with our platforms. These reports and products do not contain any information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you or your school.
We do not use School Data for targeted marketing purposes. This means that we do not select or deliver ads to you in our educational products and services based on your School Data obtained or inferred over time from your use of our educational products and services. We may deliver generic or contextual ads to you while you use our educational products or platforms, but we do not target these ads based on your School Data.
All School Data may be shared with your school (including with your instructors and school administrators). Your instructors generally have access to all School Data, including the information generated by your use of the products for a class, and we may provide other information to your school as needed to investigate possible academic fraud or cheating. Your school uses the School Data in accordance with its own privacy policies.
We may share School Data with our affiliates, which only use the School Data for the purposes listed above, and with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect the School Data and only use it as needed to provide the services requested. We will also disclose School Data when required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
If you have questions about your privacy rights, please contact your school’s administration. If you believe that BFW Publishers has not handled your personal information properly, you may also contact the BFW Publishers Privacy Office via email to email@example.com
Important Information for EEA Residents
BFW Publishers is providing this supplemental privacy notice to give individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA) the additional information required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation. These provisions, together with the statements in the BFW Publishers Privacy Notice, explain our practices with regard to EEA personal data.
This supplementary privacy notice applies when BFW Publishers is acting as a data controller (i.e., when BFW Publishers exercises overall control of the personal data being processed and so, under EEA law, is ultimately in charge of and responsible for the processing). BFW Publishers is data controller for the Contact Information, Transaction Information, Relationship Information as described in the “Information We Collect” section of the Privacy Notice.
When BFW Publishers processes School Data and personal data related to the instructor’s use of the product, BFW Publishers is a data processor under EEA law and, it only processes the data in accordance with the school’s instructions (unless required otherwise by law). Accordingly, students and instructors should refer to their school's privacy notice for more information about how it handles such personal information. If you wish to exercise any of your rights under EEA law or have any questions regarding such personal information, please contact your school.
1. Information about BFW PublishersBFW Publishers is located at:
1 New York Plaza
New York, NY 10004
BFW Publishers is based in the United States. Our representative in the EEA is:Macmillan Publishers International Limited
Company number: 02063302
Registered Office: Cromwell Place
Hampshire International Business Park
Lime Tree Way
Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ
2. The Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing, including Legitimate Interests
The BFW Publishers Privacy Notice explains the reasons why we process your Personal Information. We only process Personal Information when we have a legal basis for the processing, such as where it is necessary:
- To fulfill a contract with you or your school, and for closely-related purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance, and
We may also process your Personal Information for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or for the legitimate interests of your school, provided that our interests shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. In particular, we may process your Personal Information as needed to:
- Protect you, us or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud) piracy or cheating,
- Comply with the laws that are applicable to us around the world,
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, consolidated reporting, and customer service,
- De-identify it to create anonymized and/or aggregated datasets,
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions, and
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally.
We may disclose your Personal Information to related companies and to third parties as described in the Privacy Notice; however, we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for them to market their products or services to you without having obtained your prior opt-in consent. If you give consent for such sharing, you may revoke it at any time. (See the Marketing/Your Choices section of the Privacy Notice.)
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from of children under the age of 16 without parental consent.
3. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
We may use profiling and analytics to understand how individuals interact with our educational materials, such as assess engagement and improve learning outcomes, and product development purposes. For example, we may use analytics to study the amount of time that individuals spend on specific content items and we may infer engagement from this this process. These analytics also help us understand and improve our materials, as can determine what materials are more or less accessible to students. We may also use analytics for course integrity purposes, such as to identify individuals that may be cheating.
We will not make automated-decisions using Personal Information about you that may significantly affect you, unless (1) the decision is necessary as part of a contract that we have with you, (2) we have your explicit consent, or (3) we are required by law to use the technology.
4. When You are Required to Provide Personal Information to BFW Publishers
In most cases, you are not required by law to provide any Personal Information to BFW Publishers. You are required to provide certain Personal Information to enable us to enter into a contract with you so that you can use our products and services. Our registration forms indicate which data elements are required for our contracts. If you do not provide these data elements, we cannot do business with you.
If you are a student who is required to use our products for school, you can create a pseudonymous account using an alias by following the instructions in the Privacy Notice.
5. Your Rights
As noted in the BFW Publishers Privacy Notice, you always have the right to object to our marketing communications. To opt-out of emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email we send you. To revoke permissions that you may have given to send text messages, text STOP in response to any message.
BFW Publishers also respects the rights of EEA residents to access, correct and request erasure or restriction of their personal information as required by law. This means:
- You generally have a right to know whether or not BFW Publishers maintains your Personal Information. If we do have your personal information, we will provide you with a copy (subject to the rights of others). If your information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it. In some cases, you may have the right to receive information that you provided to us back in a machine-readable format.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information, including withdrawing any consents for processing that you may have given us at any time.
- You may also ask us to delete or restrict your personal information.
To exercise these rights, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the address above, and a member of our Privacy Team will assist you. Please understand that we may need to verify your identify before we can process your request. Please note that some of these rights may be limited where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process your Personal Information.
If you believe that we have processed your Personal Information in violation of applicable law, you may file a complaint with the BFW Publishers Privacy Office (email@example.com) or with a supervisory authority.
Students: please contact your school if you would like assistance exercising any of your individual rights.
6. International Transfers
As noted in the Privacy Notice, your Personal Information will be transferred to, stored at and processed in the United States and other countries which may not have equivalent privacy or data protection laws to the EEA.
We have safeguards in place to protect your Personal Information to provide your Personal Information with the same protection as it has in the EEA.
Please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about cross-border transfers.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as the information is needed for the purposes set forth in Section 2 above and for any additional period that may be required or permitted by law.
You may request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us via email to email@example.com.
Students: please contact your school if you would like to request deletion of any School Data.
8. How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice. You can always reach us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us via mail to the addresses given above.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code Section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the business’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes or to provide an opt-out for such sharing of information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
BFW Publishers does not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us at email@example.com or by writing to:BFW Publishers
1 NY Plaza
New York, NY 10004
∗BFW Publishers and Beford, Freeman & Worth High School Publishers (referred to herein as "we" "us" or "our") are assumed names of Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group. LLC.